Are you looking for one of the 5 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens? Then, this buying guide will bring you all that and more.
It’s easy to understand why people spend a lot of money on the top outdoor pizza ovens, as they are small, comparatively portable, and simple to assemble and use. In addition, they can bake pies to temperatures of up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit quickly.
They’re also reasonably priced. Most outdoor pizza ovens cost a few hundred dollars, which is a modest expenditure compared to the time when elaborate brick ovens were constructed in backyards.
Why are these ovens so fantastic? Many can heat up faster and at considerably higher temperatures than a standard oven. A fully baked pizza crust requires high heat, and it may be prepared within a few minutes.
If you want to make pies exactly like your favorite restaurant’s, you’re lowering your standards. Homemade artisan pizza with your own custom-selected toppings is preferable.
A useful tool for anybody who enjoys entertaining, many outdoor pizza ovens can also cook other foods, including fish, pork, grilled vegetables, or even bread.
Pizza oven design is crucial because it affects everything from the size. It determines how big one pizza can be based on the width of the opening
Also, it determines how simple it is to move your pizza within the oven and increases control over the cooking process.
Also, many of these ovens may be set up and run using nothing more than a table, a propane tank, or some wood. Are you willing to throw some cash at an outdoor pizza oven? Let’s examine the top models that I’ve evaluated in more detail.
However, before I move on to the products, let’s look at the features and factors you should consider before buying one of these products.
5 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens: Features And Factors To Consider
Features Of An Outdoor Pizza Oven
Configurations Of Pizza Ovens
Freestanding pizza ovens are mounted on a trolley in your outdoor kitchen, similar to freestanding grills. This provides more storage space and maneuverability, if necessary. This is a wonderful strategy to use if you want more freedom when selecting your oven.
On the island of your outdoor kitchen, countertop pizza ovens are located. Despite not having a motorized cart, this design still allows for some flexibility in where you decide to install your pizza oven.
If you have a lot of countertop space and want to build a pizza oven after the rest of your outdoor kitchen is constructed, this design is ideal for you.
The most durable oven choice for your area is a built-in pizza oven. These appliances, which are often bigger than their more transportable counterparts, are ideal for anyone who wishes to make their oven the center of attention in their kitchen.
Consider including space for one of these in your designs if you’re currently planning to build your outdoor kitchen.
The Ideal Materials For An Outdoor Oven
You should take material variations into account when purchasing ovens. For example, insulated oven walls are excellent since they prevent heat from escaping while you cook.
The heat is maintained and concentrated inside the oven. Additionally, tiled flooring is a fantastic choice for an outdoor oven since it helps retain heat. In other words, the ideal outdoor oven has a steady heat source.
This makes sure that the meal cooks evenly all the way through. It’s crucial to cook your food evenly throughout, especially when making pizza. As you know, you will set your pizza on the oven’s floor.
Therefore, just the pizza top will cook properly if the oven top is the only thing that is hot and the floor is not. Due to their increased temperature capacity, outdoor ovens are particularly popular.
They cook pizzas more rapidly and uniformly as a result. Additionally, you may construct a pizza oven in your yard.
Factors To Consider
Decide how much you can budget for spending on the pizza oven as your priority.
Spend as much or as little as you like, install one already created in your yard, or think about creating one yourself to save some cash.
You may start considering the kind of pizza oven you’d like in your backyard once you’ve determined how much you can afford to spend.
A classic wood-fired pizza oven or a more contemporary gas-fired pizza oven are both common types of pizza ovens.
Gas prices are rising sharply, and wood is more affordable and has many superior flavors, so you might want to consider using it for your pizza oven.
To make your job easier while you are preparing meals or baking pizzas, the oven door ought to be simple to open and close.
Ideal Size For An Oven
Ovens outside come in a variety of sizes. You may get either a large oven that can bake several pizzas at once or a tiny oven that can make only one, depending on your demands.
However, if you intend to make pizzas for visitors or a large family, the latter is not the best option for you.
When making pizza, You desire its speedy completion.
So you’ll need a pizza oven that heats up quickly to high temperatures. Certain manufacturers may do this in 20 to 30 minutes.
The pizza is delivered quicker the more content everyone is.
While frequently disregarded when choosing a brand of outdoor pizza oven, excellent customer service should come first.
The brand you’re thinking about could fit all of the mentioned criteria. But what if their customer service is poor?
You want to know you’ll be taken care of if something goes wrong.
Thus, before clicking “Pay Now,” check to see if the customer service for your company is prepared to assist.
5 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens: Table Of Recommendations And Specifications
|Products||Weight||Product’s Dimension||Fuel Type||Manufacturer|
|Camp Chef Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven||21 pounds||16 x 16 x 8 inches||Wood||Camp Chef|
|U-MAX Outdoor Pizza Oven||48.4 pounds||19.5 x 14.5 x 63.38 inches||Wood||U-MAX|
|ROCCBOX Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven||49.8 pounds||10 x 2 x 3 inches||Wood, Natural Gas||ROCCBOX|
|Ooni 3 Outdoor Pizza Oven||22 pounds||23 x 17 x 28 inches||Wood, Natural Gas||Ooni|
|Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven||32.6 pounds||29.13″D x 15.47″W x 28.35″H||Pellets||Ooni|
5Camp Chef Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven
Making it to this list of the 5 best outdoor pizza ovens as the 5th best is the Camp Chef Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven.
This Italian-made pizza oven, in my opinion, is essential. This tool will assist you in creating the perfect pizza, regardless of your level of cooking experience or where you are in your culinary journey.
This appliance is meant to satisfy even the most discerning consumers, from its vibrant aesthetic to its super-fast cooking speed. But first, let’s examine the details of this product.
The Artisan Outdoor Oven, which is modeled after a conventional wood-fired brick oven, is ideal for pizzas, bread, meats, veggies, and desserts.
Additionally, its ceramic stone removes the dough’s outside wetness and helps to create a flawless crust, keeping the interior fluffy and moist.
The Camp Chef Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven’s cordierite ceramic pizza stone has a double-walled stainless steel dome that improves heating dynamics.
Additionally, the Camp Chef Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven is a device that comes out of the box prepared to cook in a matter of seconds and features an integrated temperature gauge.
This appliance also comes with a recipe-filled Italia Pizza Oven Cooking Guide.
The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven could be your greatest outdoor pizza oven if you adore your countertop toaster oven and/or air fryer.
While it has the ability to reach high temperatures, it has the appearance and performance of a more conventional countertop appliance.
- This oven features a robust construction.
- Additionally, its stainless steel exterior is cleanable.
- Furthermore, this oven is more affordable.
- I can state with confidence that after employing this pizza oven for such a long time, it is sturdy and will probably last you for many years.
- Even more, anyone who is aware of how costly ovens can be will find it amusing how much this excellent piece of machinery costs.
- Furthermore, thanks to the heat control valve, no pizzas will be charred or undercooked.
- Additionally, this oven has numerous uses and is versatile.
- There isn’t a difficult method for it because the handbook is easy to read and comprehend.
- The maintenance procedure is also simple.
- And lastly, it boasts a sizable kitchen.
- A stove cover, however, would be a welcome addition to the bundle.
- This oven needs some assembly.
4U-MAX Outdoor Pizza Oven
Making it to this list of the 5 best outdoor pizza ovens as the 4th best is the U-MAX Outdoor Pizza Oven.
This outdoor pizza oven is an excellent pizza maker for events, family get-togethers, BBQs, or outdoor camping. Wood is used as fuel for the oven. Additionally, the wood-burning pizza oven has an integrated thermometer that enables you to keep an eye on the temperature for the finest results and tastiest meals.
Its high-grade steel construction will provide more consistent heat distribution when cooking. In addition, a high-temperature-resistant substance is used to create the powder coating on the surface.
Furthermore, it is made for long-lasting corrosion resistance, high-density insulation, and optimum stability and durability.
A 12-by-12-inch ceramic pizza stone with FDA and FGB certifications is another feature of this oven. It is offered for placement on level one.
The BBQ pizza oven keeps your pizza baked evenly and may achieve a temperature of 700°F or more in 20 to 30 minutes. The enamel wires beneath the oven stone may be directly utilized with other foods, such as meat, bread, or vegetables, while still keeping you safe. Furthermore, the overall cooking space is roughly 139 square inches.
With two large wheels and a heat-resistant handle, it is simple to move around in your garden, patio, or other outside spaces. In addition, this freestanding pizza grill, in contrast to other conventional countertop types, is small and simple thanks to its ergonomic height.
To make it simple to insert and remove pizza, include a pizza peel. With the given instructions, assembly is simple. Please get in touch with them if you notice any broken or missing components.
Within 24 hours, a member of their customer support team will help you resolve your issue.
- This oven looks fantastic on a patio or deck.
- Further, it has integrated wood storage.
- Even more, it’s simple to use with some practice.
- The cooking temperature may be adjusted using an inserted thermometer in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Furthermore, this oven has even heating and insulation from heat.
- 144 square inches are available for cooking on a pizza stone.
- Also, the temperature on a pizza stone may be raised to 700°F in 20 to 30 minutes with uniform heating.
- The operator may use a high-level chimney with a cap to control the oven’s temperature.
- Even more, under the log chamber is an ash collection bowl for simple cleaning.
- Lastly, it has simple-to-use door knobs.
- It has a gradual learning curve at first.
3ROCCBOX Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
Making it to the 3rd spot in this buying guide of the 5 best outdoor pizza ovens is the ROCCBOX Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven.
Making pizza has never been simpler, thanks to Roccbox, the world’s first mobile propane gas pizza oven with a removable wood burner as an added accessory.
This oven has a thermometer built-in, retractable legs, and removable dual-fuel burners. Further, this Roccbox oven is simple to put up and move. Just flip the switch to start cooking. Further, this oven includes a high-quality pizza peel worth $85.
In only 60 seconds, this oven provides you with the ideal balance of a thin foundation and a wonderfully puffed-up, scorched artisan crust.
With Gozney Roccbox, you may enjoy both the heritage of a wood fire and the convenience of gas. It has a removable wood burner that may be purchased separately and comes with a gas burner as regular equipment.
Using the ROCCBOX by Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven, you can take the party with you wherever you go.
Roccbox is a family-friendly alternative that lowers the risk of skin burns, which is a characteristic of metal-bodied ovens, thanks to its comfortable touch body insulation and exterior silicone skin.
Roccbox is the best option for any outdoor gathering or party since Serious Eats has ranked it as the No. 1 outdoor stand-alone pizza oven.
Take advantage of the Roccbox by Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven by gathering your loved ones. Pizza chefs I’ve met who utilize the Roccbox for business purposes adore it.
The Roccbox weighs an intimidating 45–50 pounds and warms to more than 900 degrees. It is made of sleek steel, silicone, and stone. With each pie taking under two minutes to bake, it effectively preserves that heat.
- The heavy-duty, foldable legs of this Roccbox pizza oven provide adequate stability and enable transportation.
- Additionally, a personal pizza maker called the Roccbox oven imitates the crust quality of conventional, commercial pizza ovens.
- The Roccbox is also lightweight.
- This oven is also portable.
- It also has dual fuel capability (gas burns cleaner, though) and sturdy construction that doesn’t topple over even in strong winds or downpours.
- Also, the Gozney Roccbox is fantastic for making quick and delectable Italian-style pizzas.
- The oven is small but maintains heat effectively and cooks food consistently.
- Although the exterior does grow warm to the touch, the silicon coating guards against burns.
- Very simple to use, excellent for any party, and not difficult to clean.
- The main drawback is its size, which makes cooking and cleaning challenging.
- We should have more options from Gozney, including a 16-inch pizza oven.
2Ooni 3 Outdoor Pizza Oven
Making it to this list as the 2nd best in this buying guide for the 5 best outdoor pizza ovens is the Ooni 3 Outdoor Pizza Oven.
The Ooni 3 portable pizza oven is excellent for your patio or garden and makes amazing pizzas in just 60 seconds.
Furthermore, this oven operates on energy-efficient, ecologically produced wood pellets and reaches 932°F in 10 minutes.
Ooni 3 offers the ideal conditions for cooking so much more, including roast meat, fish, and vegetable meals, in a matter of minutes.
Take your Ooni 3 wherever you want, as it is portable and simple to use. A robust pizza oven has to have exceptional heat retention, just like any good oven or grill chamber should. A powerful build is the key to this.
This is exactly how the Ooni is constructed. Its entirely stainless steel exterior is intended to insulate the oven. Doing this may reduce heat loss and guarantee that the heating temperatures in your oven’s main chamber remain as constant as possible as you cook.
I’ve discovered that the design’s appearance may turn some people off. The chimney is undoubtedly what you notice initially.
However, it performs a crucial functional function by maximizing air ventilation. The nice thing is this, though:
Since the chimney is detachable, you can easily unclip it after cooking and store it away. This makes the entire oven much easier to carry and store and much more aesthetically pleasing.
It also features a peculiar three-legged structure. However, this has helped to lighten it up without affecting its stability. Additionally, the legs may be folded for simple storage or laid flat on a table.
- The clean burn of its wood pellet fuel enables you to prepare delectable meals.
- Further, it is quite simple to refuel while cooking, thanks to the wood pellet tray.
- Additionally, its baking stone, made of cordierite, is excellent at absorbing heat without cracking.
- Even more, warming up simply takes ten minutes.
- It is quite convenient to stow away because of the fold-up legs and retractable chimney.
- Also, it has a sleek and fashionable design.
- Lightweight and portable in design.
- This oven also makes pizza in 60 or fewer seconds.
- Lastly, it has good value.
- High demand means that supply can be limited.
1Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
Making it to the top spot as the best of this list of 5 best outdoor pizza ovens is the Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven.
Everyone deserves delicious pizza, according to Ooni, and this Ooni Fyra pizza oven was created specifically with that idea in mind.
Additionally, the clever pellet hopper mechanically feeds hardwood pellets through for simple cooking. In just 15 minutes, the Ooni Fyra pizza oven will achieve a huge 950°F (500 °C), making real stone-baked Neapolitan-style pizza in only 1 minute.
Furthermore, the Ooni Fyra 12 is the worthy heir of the Ooni 3, which was the first portable wood pellet-fueled pizza oven ever made. More than 50 nations across the world are already selling these outdoor Ooni pizza ovens.
Come take part in the global pizza celebration. The Ooni Fyra 12 is the most mobile outdoor countertop pizza oven to date, weighing only 10 kg and featuring folding legs for simple storage and travel. This allows you to enjoy your ideal pizza anywhere you want.
Furthermore, the Ooni Fyra 12’s carbon steel shell, which has been powder-coated, provides excellent heat retention. When paired with the inherent efficiency of wood pellets, this creates an exceptional cooking experience with a maximum burn time and a minimum amount of energy loss.
Between hopper refills, the Ooni Fyra burns for at least 20 minutes. Enough time without replenishing with pellets to bake 10 pizzas (once warmed to 500 degrees Celsius). That is amazing.
With wood pellets, you won’t ever need to split logs for the fireplace. Instead, simply add the pellets to the hopper, ignite, and proceed. In containers, pellets are also quite portable. No more messily lugging wood logs around in the trunk of your automobile.
- This pizza oven is portable and light.
- Also, there is no need to fuss with charcoal or propane.
- Even better, you can now make excellent-tasting, top-notch pizza at home.
- Additionally, it is very user-friendly and unnerving, even for novices.
- Moreover, it is simple to set up
- Furthermore, it doesn’t occupy a lot of room.
- Also, it gives the authentic flavor of a wood-fired pizza oven.
- Even more, it has a trendy appearance.
- It has excellent construction.
- In addition, this outdoor pizza oven bakes excellent pizza that cooks quickly.
- The cheapest pizza oven at Ooni.
- The fuel and oven are both transportable.
- Also, it is simple to construct.
- Almost no waste or mess.
- The ceramic plate is removable and washable.
- Ash is gathered for simple disposal.
- It needs some watching to keep it lit.
- Also, no internal thermometer is present.
- It can’t cook for gatherings.
Frequently Asked Questions On Outdoor Pizza Ovens
1. Is An Outdoor Pizza Oven Worth It?
They are just as practical as a traditional grill but far more flexible because they can cook a wide variety of meals at such high temperatures.
2. Is Ooni Worth The Money?
They are a good investment since you can use them all year long.
3. Why Did Ooni Change Its Name?
4. Where Should An Outdoor Pizza Oven Be Placed?
5. Why Does Ooni Keep Going Out?
5 Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens: My Final Thoughts
The purpose of wood-fired pizza ovens is not limited to making pizza. They may be used to prepare a variety of things, including fish, dried fruits, mushrooms, and other items.
Although there are more factors to take into account, the ones I have covered above are the most crucial. Moreso, purchase an outdoor oven that will meet your demands.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that the above information satisfies your needs for this post on the Top 5 Outdoor Pizza Ovens.
You must also have found it handy to select your top options from my list. However, I suggest you go for my overall best, the “Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven”.
Furthermore, the other four products are also good-to-go products. On the other hand, You can use the factors to consider before buying an outdoor pizza oven as a criterion to make your choice.
So, click the “Buy Now on Amazon” button to make a purchase; I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
I hope this Powerversity buying guide was helpful to you.
To read more informative articles like this, see the pages below: